Wednesday 3 January 2007

Finished Tea Room

I finally finished Country Cottage Needlework's Tea Room yesterday. I really enjoyed stitching this design, it was such a relaxing one to do. I'm really taken with these designs and like the idea of having one to do that does not require too much thinking about, great for working on in between more complex pieces. With that in mind, last night I ordered LHN's "Watermelon" from Down Sunshine Lane. I've seen this stitched up by some of you and really love it, especially the colours. Hopefully it won't be too long before it arrives and I can get started on it. I also have my eye on LHN's "The Chocolate Shoppe". For now though as my "in between" project I've picked up Waxing Moon's "Winter Grows on you", which has been a UFO for over a year now.

As I mentioned before, I've been thinking about my stitching goals for 2007. This is the first time I've even considered this, I normally just stitch what I fancy or need to do. However, I do think it would be good to set some goals and try and reduce the number of WIP's and UFO's that I have, as well as my ever growing stash pile. I'm keeping it to a realistic list for me, I know that I can never achieve a long one in one year. As I finish one piece I can always replace it with another, I have plenty! So here they are then:-

  • Finish Derwentwater's "Bourton-on-the-Water".
  • Complete the set of Delft Blue coasters for Mum.
  • Stitch the "Alpine Garden" by The Drawn Thread.
  • Stitch and finish the December birthday needleroll from The Victoria Sampler.
  • Stitch LHN's "Watermelon".
  • Stitch LHN's "The Chocolate shoppe".
  • Finish Waxing Moon's "Winter Grows on You".
  • Try and stitch as many ornaments as I can in the Christmas Ornament SAL.

I'd just like to finish this post by saying thank you to all of you who have left comments on my last post. It is very much appreciated!

10 comments:

Julie said...

CCN Tea Room looks beautiful Nicola, such pretty colours. Good Luck with your stitching goals for 2007
{{hugs}}

Kathy said...

Wow Tea room looks fab hun, well done on such a lovely finish.

Hugs & Stitches xxxxx

Stitchingranny said...

Your tea room is lovely,congratulations Nicola. It looks so inviting - mmmmmmmm makes me think of summer days, cream cakes and hot chocolate with cream on the top lol can you tell I like cream.

I love pictures that make your mind wander.

Mylene said...

Hi Nikki, sorry about the first one and thanks for replying my message.

Your Tea Room finished looks great. I love it!
Best wishes.

Barb said...

The Tea Room is so pretty. I just found your blog this morning and enjoyed it and book marked it, so I could come back easily to it. Good luck with your stitching goals.

Jacqui said...

I know I already posted a comment on Aion...but it looks great, I love it.

Rowyn said...

Hi Nicola, I just looked at your blog yesterday but didn't make the connection! :0) Tea Room is gorgeous, a really lovely finish.
Rowyn

JoAnn said...

This is my first visit to your blog & I have enjoyed reading about your stitching! Your Tea Room is very pretty! I just love CCN & LHN designs :)

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Your Tea Room is great congrats on the finish. I also like the Chocalate Shoppe. Happy Stitching, CJ

Anonymous said...

CCN Tea room looks fab. Lovely finish