Thursday 21 February 2008

Bourton-on-the-Water Update

Last week was my Bourton-on-the-Water week. However, I didn't do much too much stitching on it. I finished off the grass and started to "grow" the tree. Apologies for the hoop mark, I didn't iron it before taking the photo.


Here's a photo of the small iris that I've stitched for a Mother's Day card. I'm going to stitch another one the same so that I don't have to remember what I stitched for MIL or my mother.


Design taken from One Nighters 48 Flowers by Jeanette Crews Designs.

Stitched on 28ct white Jobelan fabric.

DMC threads as given.


I've made a start on my biscornu for the HoE biscornu exchange, but for obvious reasons can't say any more about that. I just hope that I've got the right design and colours for my partner. There is a pinkeep exchange taking sign ups now, but as the posting date for that is not very long after the one for the biscornu I've decided to not to take part in it. "Their Song" has been sadly negleted for a while now, hopefully, once I've got the other Mother's Day card and the biscornu stitched I'll be able to get back to it.

There's not much more to say this post except to thank you all once again for your comments, especially to new readers of my blog.

9 comments:

Lynn said...

nice work so far Nicola, and I love the Iris you've done :)

btw I've just been back to Nimble Thimble and the coffee shop is no long in operation, but the local pubs do a good choice of food/sarnies, Chris said.

Karan said...

Good progress on Bourton & the iris is so pretty. :0)

Deanne J said...

Great stitching Nicola. I'm looking forward to seeing your Biscornu.

Sue said...

Bourton On The Water looks great and very pretty iris that you stitched ;)

Julie said...

Bourton looks lovely, as does the iris.

Thanks for emailing me about the hardanger, it really is gorgeous, what a great gift

Dani - tkdchick said...

I love irises!!! So pretty!

Mylene said...

Very good progress on Bourton project and iris is lovely.

Sally said...

Lovely progress Nicola and your Mother's Day card is very pretty.

Toast Troll said...

That Iris piece is lovely - I love the deep shades of purple used.

Bourton On The Water is coming along fabulously as well! :)