Last week I made some more progress on "Their Song". Unfortunately a counting error means that the three flower motifs to the left of the tree are placed half a stitch too far to the left. Oh joy of joys, more frogging? Well no, I don't think so. The words "their songs "and the zig zag line at the bottom are correctly placed having used the tree on the far right. Therefore I can use this to positon everything else on the design. I think I can live with the error as it's not that noticable, otherwise I'd have spotted it earlier. What would you do?
Next is part 1 of Tumbling Leaves by Alchemy Stitchcraft. I have to stitch two peices the same for the front and back. I'm using Threadworx thread in "Squash" on 32ct antique white Jobelan. I started the second piece last week in the hope of finishing it by the weekend, but the frogs were still hanging around and I had to unpick a whole corner.
Now it may just be wishful thinking, but it seems like Spring may be just around the corner. The daffodil bulbs in my garden are well up (no flowers yet of course) and the Hellebores are starting to flower. I have a couple of clumps of primroses flowering with more to come and I even have a snowdrop poking it's head up. This is something of a minor miracle as we have not normally been very successful with snowdrops before. However, we put a couple of new plants in a different position last year and this seems to be better. If they both come up okay we'll put some more in.
Thank you all so much for taking the time and trouble to read my blog. and for all the lovely comments you left on my last post.