Monday 9 February 2009

Watching The Grass Grow

I know it's been a while since my last post, but I have been stitching away like mad. The secret piece that I mentioned last time has been stitched and is, as I type, winging it's way to it's recipient. I'll post photos when it has arrived. I picked up Prairie Schooler's Daffodil Sampler again and now have a whole sheep and also some grass. I can tell you that grass seems to have grown very slowly and I'll be very glad to get to the daffodil border underneath it. I know the border looks crooked, it's obviously the way I have the fabric on the frame. I'm really enjoying stitching this design, despite the grass, and hope to have it finished by the end of the week.



To relieve the tedium of stitching grass I decided to work on LHN's Acorn Hill for a couple of days last week. I finished off the roof and added the pumpkins and tree.



As usual thanks to everyone for reading and leaving comments.


Nicola

17 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Nice progress there Girl. I really like your Daffodil Sampler.

Erica said...

I know exactly what you mean about the tedium of stitching grass!
I have been stitching the same meadow on Peace in the Country for weeks! Boy will I be glad when I make my way out of the grass!

Your stitching is lovely!
The daffodil piece will be so cheery!

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love your Acorn Hill - it's lovely :)

Laura said...

Wow, you have made excellent progress on Daffodil Sampler. It is so pretty! I like the LHN also, and it is nice to be able to switch off to something else every now and then.

Cindy F. said...

You really have been busy! I don't think I've ever seen the PS Daffodil Sampler! Very pretty!
Great progress on both:)

Rowyn said...

Ooh, your Daffodil Sampler is looking gorgeous! Acorn Hill is looking great too.

Olga said...

Daffodil Sampler is so pretty, looks like you will have a happy dance very soon. :-)

Mylene said...

Both projects are looking great!!

Sally said...

Both pieces are lovely Nicola.

Brigitte said...

Daffodil Sampler is so lovely. Stitching grass is always boring, even when it's a PS design, lol.
Good progress on both your projects!

Wendy said...

Nice progress. I like the Daffodil sampler too!

Ranae said...

Nice progress on the Houses. I love the alphabet in the grass. I guess I never noticed it before,
Take Care!!

Stitchingranny said...

My what a busy girl you have been Nicola. Both are lovely pieces, but I know what you mean about stitching grass - you cannot imagine how much of it I will have stitched by the time my village is done.

Off on hols friday but hope we can meet up again when I get back.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

So lovely works!!
_______________________________
Cross stitch

Melody said...

I really like the daffodil PS piece. I've had the chart for awhile, but you have inspired me to put it next in line for my stitching.

Melody

Karan said...

Good progress on both very lovely pieces. :0)

Anonymous said...

I just love the LHN's Acorn Hill design. It looks quite lovely. I can't wait to see the finished piece. It will be beautiful!