Wednesday 18 February 2009

Wedding Card For Rowyn

Remember I did some secret stitching a few weeks back? Well, it was a wedding card for Rowyn and as she has now received it I can show you the photos. The design was taken from issue 5 of Mary Hickmott's Cross Stitch Gallery. I used DMC threads and stiched it on 32ct DMC linen. I think the colour would be B5200, but I'm not too sure.




Here's the design made up into the card to which I added peel off stickers. I have to give credit to Keith for actually mounting the design into the card, he's so much better at it than I am.



I hope the weather keeps fine for you Rowyn, but I'm sure you'll have a lovely day whatever happens.

Many, many thanks for all your wonderful comments on my Daffodil sampler. It was also lovely to see some new readers leaving comments for the first time. I have now decided what my next Prairie Schooler stitch will be, it's the Harvest Village from the Harvest Time chart, which arrived yesterday. I just need to decide what fabric I'm going to stitch it on, 32ct Jobelan or 36ct Edinburgh linen, and then sort out the threads.

Nicola

17 comments:

Mylene said...

It's a beautiful card. I am sure they will love it.

Brigitte said...

A great motif for a wedding card. It looks so lovely.

Julie said...

Beautiful card.

Karan said...

Such a pretty wedding card. :0)

CindyMae said...

That is a beautiful wedding card. Excellent job!

Cindy F. said...

I saw your gorgeous card on Rowyn's site earlier!! You (and Keith) did a beautiful job on it!

Julie said...

That's really pretty. You did a great job!

Kathy A. said...

Such a lovely wedding card for Rowyn. You are so sweet!

Denise said...

The card is certainly one that your friends will treasure as
a momento of their wedding. The colors are just right and show off your impeccable stitching!
Denise

hazel c UK said...

Such a lovely keepsake of a specail day. The peel offs give it a nice finish.

Thank you for sharing,
Hazel (UK)

Von said...

A lovely card for a lovely friend. :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful card!

Carol R said...

A beautiful card which makes me ashamed as I only sent an e-card!

Stitchingranny said...

A very pretty card, well done to you and Keith for a joint effort.

Julianne said...

Nicola,

The card is so elegant. What a treasured keepsake you created.

I'm looking forward to seeing you new PS stitch unfold.

Maren said...

Oh wow, that's a beautiful card!

Siobhán said...

What a beautiful card! It's a wonderful keepsake, I'm sure it will be treasured. :)