Wednesday 20 June 2012

Prairie Schoolering

A warm welcome to my new followers, and many thanks to all my regular readers for your comments on my last post.

Since I last blogged I seemed to have developed a severe case of Prairie Schooleritis!! Apart from a couple of small things, more about those later, I have only stitched on Prairie Schooler designs. I had kitted up Earth Laughs from PS's Designer Series - Forget-Me-Nots some while ago to take on holiday with me back in March. However, I didn't do any stitching at all then so decided recently that it was time to get on with it, and here it is all finished. I used 32ct antique white evenweave, either Jobelan or Murano, can't remember which. I used the recommended DMC threads.

Having finished one Prairie Schooler, and because I always need to have one on the go, I started "R" for Rabbit from their alphabet series. I saw this on Carol's blog and fell in love with it. I'm stitching it on 36ct Flax linen with the recommended DMC threads.


Now onto the other stitching that I mentioned. Back in May it was my friend Julianne's birthday. I stitched her this iris card on 28ct antique white evenweave over one using DMC threads. The design is taken from Leisure Arts Earth Awakens book.


Now my last piece is not stitching but Crochet. It's a doily that I made for our second spare bedroom.



Well that's it for this post. I'll try not to leave it so long again.

Nicola

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh my! The doily is wonderful. So is your stitching, I like the rabbit especially. :) http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Jeanne said...

You can never have too many Prairie Schooler pieces Nicola! I have so many I wish I had time to stitch. Love all your finishes. I used to crochet as a young girl but afraid I've forgotten how. My mother and grandmother made lots and lots of doilies, dresser scarves, and tablecloths. I am glad to see more people picking it up again.

Deb said...

Your pieces are all wonderful. I think PS designs are so wonderful and timeless.

I love your doily so much. I keep telling myself I'm going to make some and I don't. I guess I need to get cracking because I really like yours.

jane said...

Love the doily and great stitching!

Lana said...

Gorgeous finish! Love the rabbit!

Carol said...

I think I could stitch PS designs all the time--I just love them so much. It's funny, Nicola, but I just finished Earth Laughs In Flowers for a friend's birthday. June just posted a photo of it on her blog (Butterfly Wings) yesterday!

Your crocheted doily is so pretty--that's something I wish I knew how to do...

Julie said...

The doily is stunning Nicola, nice stitching too.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely crochet Nicola, i love PS charts too, they stitch up so easily.

Anonymous said...

Lovely projects. The iris is beautiful.

Brigitte said...

Oh Nicola, I really love that post title. Prairie Schooler's designs are among the most beautiful out there for me. I collect their books - I just should stitch them more, lol. A great PS finish. And the rabbit is certainly a fun stitch, too.
Love your little iris card.

Shebafudge said...

I'm sorry I am so behind with blog reading.

I have discovered that I do actually like PS designs so I can understand your enthusiasm in wanting to stitch them. The card is lovely as is the doily. Congratulations on them all!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your blog.
Your PS stitching is lovely and your doily is so pretty.
Happy stitching.