Many thanks to those of you who left comments on my last post, particularly about the silk versus cotton question. I have decided to stitch The Magnolias using DMC in place of the NPI silks as I already have the required colours. The Gloriana silks arrived on Monday and they are just gorgeous, lovely and soft, can you tell I've never used these before? I'm really looking forward to getting started on this design, just need to sort out some fabric for it.
My finish is for the Christmas Ornament SAL that quite a number of stitching bloggers are taking part in. It's Pine Tree Hill by Little House Needleworks from JCS Ornament issue 2006. I substituted the red and green as I didn't have the right colours but the others are as called for, and I've stitched it on 36ct Edinburgh. It started off being my January ornament but as I'm not a very fast stitcher it became my February one. I shall be finishing it off into an ornament at a later date.
The WIP is last Wednesday's progress on the Chocolate Shoppe. I really only stitched on this half-heartedly so I'm pleased with the amount that I managed to get done. As it's Wednesday again there will be more stitching on it this afternoon.