Tuesday 29 March 2011

From Start to Finish

Once again I have been stitching almost exclusively on Prairie Schooler designs. Following a finish - more of that later - I have started on Prairie Schooler's May. It's to be my holiday stitching while we're in The Dales in a little over two weeks time. As it's sheep country this seemed an appropriate design to take with me. I made an early start on it as I can't bear taking a completely virgin piece of fabric, and okay I just couldn't wait!


This is my latest progress on my PS Spring foursome that I've been stitching in a private SAL with Siobhan. Siobhan has finished her piece, do pop over to her blog and have a look at it.


Now for my finish. Here it is - December. It's stitched on 32ct Antique White Jobelan with the recommended DMC threads.


It's been so lovely to have some Spring sunshine recently, it really lifts the spirits, I just hope it will be as good when we're on holiday. We have discovered that we have robins nesting in the nest box that Mr. L put in the laurel hedge a couple of years ago. We also have blackbirds nesting in one of our conifers, and possibly wrens in another.

Thanks so much for your visits and comments, I really do appreciate them.

Nicola

17 comments:

jane said...

A lovely finish and WIPs. I know what you mean about making a start on you holiday project, I always do the same.

Cole said...

Love the PS stitching :) You have some lovely finishes!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching on your PS. Both your progress and your finish.

Von said...

Beautiful stitching!! It's always fun to stop by and see what you've been up to. :)

Julie said...

December is lovely, great new start and your Spring piece is so pretty

It will be great to see your birdy babies when they hatch out. The blue-tits have been in and out of my box this past week with bits of moss etc in their beaks

Christine said...

Congratulations on a great finish and a lovely new start. Are you planning to do them all?

Deb said...

Great finish and great WIPs. I really love PS designs even though I don't do many of them. It takes seeing one to get me sparked to do one, but yours look great!

Kathy A. said...

Nice work there girl. Love your PS stitches.

Mylene said...

I love the December design, it is beautiful! Congrats on the finish and your WIP's are coming along great.

Ranae said...

A fabulous PS finsh and WIP's
Keep up the great stitching

Sally said...

I love your finish Nicola and your new start is looking good :) I can't wait to see more of it. Nice progress on your other PS too. Daffodils arrived today so am looking forward to starting that for the NH SAL :)

staci said...

Beautiful stitching and your PS Dec is gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finishes. I love what you said on my blog about not buying anymore stash. I should stop too but I cant resist. :)

Siobhán said...

Lovely stitching, Nicola! I love your finish and you've made wonderful progress, too.

Carol said...

Finally catching up on my blog reading after being away last week, Nicola!

You should be so proud of your PS finish--it really is lovely and I know how much work went into it. There is a lot of solid stitching in that piece!

Cute new start--enjoy your holiday! The sheep sound delightful :)

Chris said...

Lovely stitching and saw where you're off to on NH forum so just asking can I come too??? LOL

Have a great holiday.

Hugs Chris x

Brigitte said...

And again some wonderful Prairie Schooler projects from your needle. It's always such a delight to see them being stitched.