Sunday 27 April 2014

April JN SAL Check In

Time for this months check in for the JN 2104 SAL This month I chose to stitch "Rose Lady", a small chart that I've had in my stash for quite a few years. It's stitched on the required 28ct antique white Cashel linen with the called for DMC threads except for the Perle 8 which I don't have and don't enjoy stitching with. I substituted it with the same colour in the stranded cotton, which for me works just fine. I shall probably finish this as a pin keep.



Since I blogged last I've had two new starts. The first one is Daffodils and Snowdrops from Yiotas XStitch.



The second new start is Chatelaine's Mini Mandala Circle 01 I'm substituting the three silk threads with Threadworx stranded cotton as the two Silk n Colors are no longer available. The fabric is 32ct Belfast linen in lilac.

Many thanks to those of you who left comments on my previous post about wadding for mattress pin cushions. I was in a nearby craft centre earlier this week that has a small fabric section, and I managed to find a small piece of wadding for a pound, much better than spending £10 or so on a larger piece and finding that I don't use much of it. Although it is a polyester one it is quite compact and will give the pin cushion a nice firm finish.

Until next time..............

Nicola



14 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Love your stitching. Beautiful. You are invited to come and see my blog. Purple Pixie Dust twododo.blogot.ca

have a nice day Lynda

KimM said...

Absolutely beautiful stitching. I love your pin keep.
Take care -

cucki said...

So sweet..
Sweet pin keep
Hugs x

Carol said...

Lovely work, Nicola! Good luck with the mattress pincushion finishing--can't wait to see it!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Lovely finish - so pretty! And great new starts too :)

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching and lovely post.

Julie said...

Beautiful JN finish, the little ladybird is so sweet.
Nice new starts.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your JN finish is beautiful.
Pretty new starts too.
Happy stitching (:

Andrea said...

A beautiful JN finish. Looking forward to seeing the Chatelaine progress.

Brigitte said...

That's a great little finish, and how sweet to add the ladybird charm.
Two new starts are always a great thing, at least for me as I love starting new projects. I was over at the Yota site and saw the daffodils you started. A wonderful design. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on it

Angie said...

great work

Sally said...

Your Just Nan finish is beautiful Nicola. Lovely new starts too.

Hazel said...

Oooh I am a bit late in posting but wow such lovely pieces. I have never done a Chatelaine although I keep admiring them. x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hi, returning the following.

You really must do an update, I'd love to see more of your Chatelaine piece.